(Last updated on March 18, 2020)
This Privacy Notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when interacting with us, such as when you visit or make a purchase from www.fili.ph (the “Site”). In addition, this notice contains information about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Scope and Acceptance of Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information that we collect about you for the purposes of providing you with the products and services we offer.
By using the Site (www.fili.ph); or by giving us your personal information, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site or give us any personal information.
Fili Case reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your personal information may be used.
Information we collect
We collect personal information about you from a variety of sources through the following:
- Online and electronic interactions with us, such as: visiting our website (www.fili.ph), text messaging, or through third-party social network sites including Facebook, and Instagram (@filicaseph);
- Your interaction with online targeted content or digital advertisements performed by Fili Case, or our service providers through third-party social network sites;
- Offline interactions with us, including direct marketing campaigns, online promo entries and contacts through our consumer service hotline.
When using the Site, we automatically collect information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We call this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally, to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect your information as listed below, which we call "Order Information":
- billing address
- shipping address
- payment information (including credit card numbers)
- email address, and
- phone number.
When we mention “Personal Information” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to both the Device Information and Order Information.
Why we collect your personal information, and how we use it
We use the Order Information that we collect to fulfill all orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations via email). We also use the Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us — provide you with information or advertising relating to our products and/or services; and
- If given permission to — send email ads, promos, and subscriptions.
Sharing your personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. In this case, we use Shopify and to power our online store — you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ . You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations: to respond to a subpoena; a search warrant; or other lawful request for information we receive; or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work .
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/ .
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records, unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
You are afforded rights in relation to your personal information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, including the right to access, correction, and objection to the processing, including the right to lodge a complaint with the National Privacy Commission.
You have a right to request access to your personal information. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org a request for access. Depending on the nature of the request, fili case may charge a reasonable fee for providing access to your personal information.
You also have the right to request that fili case correct any inaccuracies in your personal information. You may email us at email@example.com to request and rectify your information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions or thoughts, or if you would like to make a complaint, let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.